Tie Down Engineering has come up with the height roller guide which is yet another unique product to make loading and unloading your boat from the trailer much easier. This roller guide has been designed for trailer frames of 3 to 4 ¼ inch measurement. The height of these rollers is 21 inches which provides for a substantial enhancement in the trailer frame once these are installed. They also allow for 13 inch adjustments on each side.
The following are the main features of this roller guide by Tie Down Engineering:
- The roller guide consists of galvanized posts which come pre-assembled such that the rollers are already assembled to the posts.
- The roller diameter is 9 inches and it also has end caps.
- The total height of the posts is 21 inches. It also allows for a 13 inch adjustment on both sides.
- This particular models is ideal for trailer frames of width between 3 to 4 ¼ inch.
- The roller guide is ideally mounted on top of the trailer frame such that it provides additional height.
Although this roller guide has not received a lot of reviews, those who have used this product in the past have listed out a number of advantages for it:
- The guides perform the function perfectly and are a big help in keeping the boat aligned at the right position while unloading it. It also helps to keep the trailer and boat steady while loading the boat from the water to the trailer.
- The rollers on the side are made of rubber, which act as a cushion for the boat against scratches and bumps to the hull.
- The entire construction of the product seems to be very heavy duty and reliable. Users are of the view that these rollers will easily last for years.
The only disadvantage seems to be the installation procedure which is a little time taking and complicated. Since this roller guide can be installed in a number of ways and in different positions, you will have to spend some time in figuring out its assembly and installation.
This roller guide by Tie Down Engineering is not only a very useful product but is also a one time investment in a high quality marine equipment which will give you several years of service. For these reasons, this product is a must buy.