The Rule 500 is a pump which has been designed ideally for smaller crafts to deliver outstanding performance with respect to water pumping. This fully automatic pump does not need you to start or stop it manually but will start pumping out water from the bilge as soon as the water level reaches the float. Rule is a reputed brand name for marine bilge pump and the 500 pump has been designed to ensure longevity and stellar performance, at the same time keeping the size compact and the cost as low as possible. The combination of these features has produced a product that you just cannot say no to.
The following are the features of the Rule 500 automatic bilge pump:
- The pump has a computerised operation. This means that this automatic pump does not have a float switch.
- The pump is fully submersible.
- It features a snap locker trainer which is also easy to clean.
- Anti-airlock protection is also provided.
- It is protected against rust, corrosion and ignition.
- The pump has been designed to resist burn out even if it is run dry.
- It has a silent operation without any vibrations.
- It has ¾ inch discharge outlet.
- The blocked wiring incorporated in the pump is marine grade.
- It runs of 12 volts current.
This pump seems to be quite popular amount buyers and has received more than 50 reviews from previous buyers, most of which list out the many advantages of the pump. Here is a look:
- The pump has been rated as one of the most reliable marine products. Its functioning is smooth and without any glitches. Overall, it does a great job of pumping out excess water and has kept the users satisfied.
- The pump is fairly easy to install too as it can use the wiring of the old pump it is replacing. Detailed instructions for installation are also provided.
- The pump comes from a good brand and is made of good quality material. Investing in this pump will make sure you have a product which lasts at least 5-6 years.
Although there do not seem to be any major disadvantages for this pump, it may be clarified that the pump works a little differently from conventional bilge pumps. Since there is no float switch, the pump starts up on its own to check if there is excess water to pump out every few minutes.
This compact pump with a ton of quality features is a must buy for you, especially if you own a small craft and we’re sure you will not be disappointed.