The trailer guide-ons by Extreme Max is one product which will make loading and launching your boat to and from the trailer to the water extremely easy. Not only are these Guide-ons recommended for safe loading and launching but are also useful for taking care of many other problems which you may encounter during the entire procedure. For example, loading a boat at night or in low evening light can be made much easier with the help of this Guide-On. Also, the Guide-On will ensure that you do not push the trailer in too deep and will help you keep the trailer on the ideal position for loading and launching.
The main features of this trailer Guide-On are as follows:
- The entire construction is made of heavy duty steel which is also resistant to corrosion and highly durable.
- The steel support beam comes in two variants – 45 inch height and 65 inch height. It is also PVC coated for extra protection.
- The Guide-On has been designed to fit all kinds of trailers such as bunk or roller style.
- The installation of the Guide-On is easy with a simple bolt-on technique.
- Gusseted weld brackets have been included in the corners to add strength to the beam.
Considering the many uses of this Guide-On, it is not surprising that users have been very happy with the product. Some of its advantages are:
- The entire Guide-On along with the beam is well designed and structurally strong. This in turn makes it a reliable and sturdy product to have at hand.
- The Guide-On has been made with high quality material ensuring durability, strength and resistance to corrosion.
- The attachment brackets are a universal shape which will fit almost all types of trailers. Even if you change trailers, you can continue using the same Guide-On.
- Users have commented that the Guide-On is easy to install and is an overall big help in keeping the trailer and boat sturdy while launching and loading.
The only disadvantage that has been pointed out seems to be that the Guide-On’s size and design may not be adequate for large sized trailers. Another user also commented that the metal framework of the Guide-On is not heavy enough to push the boat to the correct position.
In spite of the drawbacks, the Guide-On has received an overall positive review. It is also reasonably priced and is a much recommended marine product for your convenience and safety.